Kugti Pass Trek
One of the most beautiful yet unexplored treks, the Kugti Pass trek in Himachal Pradesh takes you to a daunting altitude of 16,600 ft. Frequently used by the Gaddi tribes to cross over to Lahaul and Spiti valleys to graze their flocks, Kugti Pass proves to be a perfect gateway. A strenuous climb with difficult terrains and slippery paths, makes this trek one of the most challenging treks in the Central Himalayan ranges. An experience in high altitude trekking is a must before venturing on this intimidating trek.
Kugti Pass Trekking Tour Highlights
- Trek goes through less explored and remote area
- Large verdant meadows
- Numerous Waterfalls in the way
- Campsites by the streams and lush green meadows
- Trail will pass through snow fields, glaciers and icefalls
- Explore the mesmerizing terrain at the high altitude
- A glimpse of Himalayan wildlife at the Kugti Sanctuary.
- Opportunity to get an insight into the lifestyle and culture of Gaddi shepherds.
Area: Himachal Pradesh
Duration: 12 Days (6 days travel/6 days trekking)
Best Season: Mid June – Mid October
Altitude: 5090 mts/16700ft
Total Trekking: 60 K.M